You will need :
• 2 avocados, halved and stoned
• 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, halved
6 fluid ounces dry white wine
• 12 ounces grated Edam cheese
• 2 teaspoons of corn flour
• 5 tablespoons of sour cream
• Cubes of sesame-coated French bread and red and green pepper (capsicum) for dippers.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings. Scoop out flesh from avocados into a bowl and mash until smooth with lemon juice. Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic. Pour in wine and heat until bubbling. Over a gentle heat, stir in cheese and cook until melted, stirring frequently. In a small bowl, blend corn flour smoothly with sour cream, then add to cheese mixture with mashed avocados. Continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes until thick and smooth, stirring frequently. Serve with cubes of bread and red and green pepper.
© 2001-2003 All
Holy Land Wines.com - all rights reserved!